What do inimitable poise, impressive power, imaginative possibilities have in common? They all come together in the 2013 Camaro Coupe. We’re talking a 323-horsepower V6 engine — or a 426-horsepower V8, on the SS. With the 2LS’s EPA-estimated 30 MPG on the highway, you’ll be able to keep your eyes on the road ahead while still viewing your touch screen display with Chevrolet’s Head-Up Display projected on the windshield.
The trademark Camaro design may impress outsiders, but not nearly as much as the interior design will be sure to delight the coupe’s drivers and passengers, too. The 2SS boasts a uniquely optimized instrumentation cluster featuring Chevrolet’s new MyLink radio and a 7-inch color touch screen, diagonally positioned for easy viewing from your beige leather-appointed, deep bolstered seats. The seats come standard with 6-way power adjusting, which are especially helpful in finding that optimal driving position, in perfect reach of the intuitively designed control panel and steering wheel.
The 6.2L V8 combines with a standard 6-speed transmission to provide a remarkable 420 lb.-ft. of torque, along with its 426-horespower engine. The option of a 6-speed automatic transmission means Active Fuel Management, providing 24 MPG highway and 400 horsepower. The Coupe LFX V6 with a 6-speed automatic transmission has a 323-horsepower engine that goes 0-60 in 6.4 seconds, along with fuel-efficient 30 MPG highway. This amazing amount of power becomes even more attractive when paired with high-tech tools that provide commanding control over the vehicle. Here are a few of our favorites:
• Launch Control — This addition to the manual transmisson SS provides you with wheel spin control, allowing for faster 0-60 sprints.
• Performance-Tuned Suspension — This offering includes finely tuned stabilizer dampers, which make for an amazingly smooth ride.
• TAPshift Manual Controls — This provision on the automatic transmission SS means greater control over gear selection, giving you an adrenaline-boosting experience, along with smooth transitions.
Add in standard 20” wheels and Pirelli PZero ultra high performance tires and Brembo brakes, and the Camaro gives you the right equipment for one well-controlled, exciting ride!
From space-age technology that seems almost sci-fi to a Hotwheels-inspired design, the 2013 Camaro is serious about having fun. Chevrolet MyLink provides Bluetooth smartphone-integrated entertainment options available through voice commands or an intuitive 7” diagonal color touch screen. Think Stitcher SmartRadio, Pandora, SirusXM Satellite Radio, or your own music playlist. Of course, the Camaro itself can provide heart-stopping entertainment, especially with the fourth-generation Camaro 1LE Performance Package. For a look that matches the high-performance racing capabilities under the hood, the 2013 boasts a few especially exciting options:
• The 2SS Coupe in Victory Red (Options of 1LE Performance Package and RS Package)
• The SS Coupe in Rally Yellow (Options of RS Package and Black Rally Stripes)
• The Hot Wheels Special Edition on either the 2LT or 2SS (Includes the Kinetic Blue Metallic paint scheme and 21” red-striped wheels reminiscent of the 1:64 scale 1968 toy, making it the first full-size Hot Wheels production manufactured).
Leave a Reply