In recognition of Chevy Truck Month, we’ll take a look at one of the greatest advancements in trucks today: The 2013 Silverado Hybrid. A fuel-efficient, tech-savvy, full-size pickup truck, the Silverado Hybrid is America’s first truck of its kind—a two-mode, full-size hybrid pickup truck.
Optimal Fuel Economy
With an EPA-estimated 20 MPG city and 23 MPG highway rating, the Silverado Hybrid works hard without sacrificing fuel economy. The Hybrid’s electrically variable transmission enhances the Silverado’s already beefy trailering capability with enhanced smoothness. Towing capacity: 6,100 pounds with 2WD, 5,900 pounds with 4WD models. Increased fuel economy is further achieved with state-of-the-art technology, including factory-filled engine oil with improved viscosity and Continuously Variable Valve Timing (VVT).
Impressive Two-Mode Technology
The two-mode advanced technology provides operational flexibility that goes beyond trailering. Mode 1 provides three operational options for low speed, light load driving: engine power, electric power, or a combination of the two. In addition to 4- or 8-cylinder power, Mode 2 includes an electric assist to be used at highway speeds or while towing trailers or climbing steep grades.
The 2013 Silverado Hybrid includes Chevy’s hybrid-specific instrumentation, including these three unique additions:
• An economy gauge to update fuel conservation efforts
• An auto-stop position on the tachometer to designate electric power use
• A power flow screen to provide information on Hybrid system functionality.
Exceptional Comfort and Style
Upon review of the interior and exterior options available on the 2013 Silverado Hybrid, one word comes to mind: luxury. Interior color choices of Ebony, Cashmere, and Titanium help high-class leather seating to stand out. Leather-appointed front bucket seats come standard on the 2HY, with a leather-wrapped steering wheel standard on all Hybrid models. Passenger comfort also gains special attention typical of all Silverados, with a quiet cabin and acoustic detailing.
Truly Advanced Technology
In 2013, Americans love their gadgets more than ever, and Chevy is not skimping on its offerings. The Silverado Hybrid utilizes advanced technology for both fuel economy, engine diagnostics, safety, and passenger comfort. Included technologies are as follows:
• 6-month trial of OnStar with Vehicle Diagnostics
• MyChevrolet mobile app with OnStar RemoteLink™ to start your vehicle or perform many other tasks.
• 6-month trial of OnStar Turn-byTurn Navigation standard with on-screen display
• Rear vision camera system integrated with color screen and navigation radio (especially handy for trailering)
• MP3 and smartphone connectivity through the USB port in order to play music or make calls with Bluetooth wireless technology without taking your eyes off the road or your hands off the wheel, all while charging your handheld device
• 3-month trial of commercial-free satellite radio coast-to-coast, with an exclusive GM upgrade to the XM Premier package
• Mobile hot spot available through Chevrolet Wi-Fi
When you add in the remarkable 3-stage safety system and sustainability measures, the 2013 Silverado Hybrid is an exceptional package, suitable for hard work and comfortable riding.